Jason Vaughn, PT, DPT
Position with NIPT:
NIPT Clinic Location:
Jason grew up on an apple orchard in a small town in central Wisconsin. He lived in Wisconsin and Minnesota for the first 30 years of his life, when, upon graduation of PT school in 2010, he moved to Eugene, OR for generally the same reason anyone moves from Wisconsin to the Pacific Northwest…namely, to escape the harsh winters and, perhaps even more, the unrelenting mosquitoes. He met his wife, Tori, in Eugene and they now have two little children (Avan and Taylor) under 4 years-old. Thus, while Jason’s previous favorite hobbies are listed above, his current favorite hobbies consist of changing diapers, cleaning little grubby hands and faces, rocking his kids to sleep, and playing “throw-your-kids-up-in-the-air-and-catch-them” several billion times. Jason’s professional specializations include Vestibular Rehabilitation (ie; patients who are “dizzy”). He completed an intensive residency program in this area of specialty and has presented around the state of Oregon regarding topics related to dizziness. He also has a keen interest in general orthopedic and sport physical therapy and is passionate about assisting people return to their previous functional activities or sport.
- Family! Family!! Family!!!
- Philosophy / Theology
- Staying active in sports / exercise / running
- Classic sports (baseball, basketball, football)
- B.S. Biology with concentration in Biomedical Science. Minor in chemistry, University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse (2003)
- Master’s of Divinity (in progress), Bethel Theological Seminary (2004-2006)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse (2010)
- 2010 Kern scholarship for outstanding character and leadership in Physical Therapy (PT student)
- General Orthopedics
- Vestibular Rehabilitation